St. Patrick’s Day calls for celebration and commonly includes green flowing alcohol. So how does one navigate the day sober? We have 10 fresh and fun ideas that will keep you feeling as lucky as the Irish!
First stop, The Phoenix St. Patrick’s Day Parade! It is a popular event among locals and features marching bands, floats, and more!
- The Irish Cultural Center is the perfect place to celebrate St. Patty’s day! It offers events, classes, and exhibits on Irish culture, history, and heritage. Be sure to check out if they have events planned like dance shows happening for St. Patrick’s day!
- The Phoenix Art Museum is full of Irish culture with special exhibitions and events. This stop is sure to satisfy those who like art!
- The Scottsdale Irish-American Club throws an event for St. Patrick’s Day, complete with live music, food, and games.
- The Desert Botanical Garden is a fresh space with a collection of native and exotic plants, some from Ireland and the Celtic culture. It’s also beautiful and a great place to have a chill St. Patrick’s Day.
- The Musical Instrument Museum has Irish musical instruments like traditional fiddles, flutes, and accordions. They also have a special St. Patrick’s Day concert or performance.
- Go wild at the Phoenix Zoo! It’s a fun place for an adventure and some of their animals are native to Ireland, such as red deer and Irish wolfhounds.
The Heard Museum his another cultural outing that has traditions of Ireland and the Celtic culture.
- The Phoenix Conservatory of Music is a lively place that offers classes and concerts in a variety of musical styles, including Irish folk and traditional music.
- Last but not least, check out the Tempe Center for the Arts! It has theater, dance, and music and they throw a special St. Patrick’s Day event so be sure to check out what they have planned!
If you plan to stay sober, give one of these fun activities a try. Remember to plan your day in advance and surround yourself with those on the same mission as you! Sober tribe up and have a great time!
Scottsdale Recovery and Detox Center has been helping our community as well as those nationwide for over a decade. We are Arizona’s premier addiction center and welcome anyone struggling to connect with our team! Learn more by visiting scottsdalerecovery.com or call 1-888-NODRUGS.
Talk to Someone Who’s Been There. Talk to Someone Who Can Help. Scottsdale Recovery Center holds the highest accreditation (Joint Commission) and is Arizona’s premier rehab facility since 2009. Call 602-346-9142.