The National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week is coming up on March 20th-26th, 2023. The purpose of the NDAFW is to raise awareness about drug and alcohol use among young people and promote prevention strategies. Communities will do their prevention efforts through the educational system, healthcare, and scientists who will unite determined to light a brighter future for the younger generation. Here are some helpful resources to learn more about local events and drug prevention and recovery leading up to the week.
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Our local community has several organizations here in Arizona to prevent drug and alcohol abuse and and promote prevention which include:
- Arizona Prevention Resource Center: Technical support, training, and multiple resources are supplied by the APRC in an effort to raise substance abuse awareness and prevention efforts in Arizona.
- Arizona Department of Health Services: ADHS is focused on Arizona’s communities public health and follow suit with APRC in substance abuse treatment and prevention efforts.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: SAMHSA is available nationally and provides all kinds of support, resources, and substance abuse efforts to those seeking help. It also is dedicated to helping those have mental health issues with helplines available for those having crisis or suicide.
Events held by these organizations include town hall meetings, campaigns on social media all aimed to raise awareness about substance abuse dangers and prevention efforts.
Scottsdale Recovery and Detox Center has been Arizona’s premier addiction center for over a decade. We are committed to helping our community and those nationwide creating a community of sober champions! We want our clients, community, and those who are struggling to have access to support in all forms. Learn more by visiting scottsdalerecovery.com or call 1-888-NODRUGS.
Talk to Someone Who’s Been There. Talk to Someone Who Can Help. Scottsdale Recovery Center holds the highest accreditation (Joint Commission) and is Arizona’s premier rehab facility since 2009. Call 602-346-9142.