Not all rehab centers are out to make a quick buck. There are honest, genuine people out there who have dedicated their lives to helping addicts find sobriety. But among the flowers there are always weeds, and in this situation, they come in the form of unscrupulous rehab centers who are out to sell you a dream and nothing more.
Some centers purposely deny their clients proper treatment to save themselves money. Others administer treatments that are not suitable for certain addictions, putting a patient’s health in serious danger. At Scottsdale Recovery Center, we utilize all of our resources because we are committed to helping addicts in every way possible. Our mission is to provide the best care we can, ensuring each patient receives all the treatments and tools necessary in achieving sobriety.
The Problem With Non-Medical Rehabs
Addicts are losing their lives in non-medical rehabs: faulty treatment centers are going to ridiculous lengths to make money from the very same people who come to them for help. Several rehab centers have found ways to profit from insurance companies offering coverage for medical therapies and interventions by keeping the money for themselves.
This is why it has become so important to do research before enrolling in a treatment center. People are dying in these facilities because they are not getting proper care and attention during recovery, or aren’t receiving the right treatments to begin with.
These kinds of rehab centers operate without the supervision of a medical professional. Scottsdale Recovery Center treats the lives of patients with the same care as if they were our own. All of our addiction treatments and therapies are closely administered by reputable doctors to ensure that no patient’s health or safety is compromised.
We ensure that our detox programs are safe, supervised, and suitable for each individual patient’s condition. We also provide specialized treatment to clients who experience chronic pain. Many rehab centers, especially the ones that are out to make money, don’t provide pain treatment at all, making the detox process extremely unpleasant.
It is understandable that many people don’t take the time to do research before enrolling a loved one into rehab. The desire to get an addict into treatment can be so strong that warning signs are easily be overlooked. Thankfully, medical experts and law enforcement officials are urging people to be cautious about rehab centers by taking the time to do their research before enrolling themselves or a loved one into a facility.
Below are some telltale signs that a rehab center lacks legitimacy:
- Generic advertisements and sketchy websites that don’t provide sufficient information on the types of treatments they offer. Chances are, they’re looking to get your contact information to sell to a third party for profit.
- When the person you’re speaking to seems to be marketing the treatment programs, but not offering genuine help and information. Patient “brokers” exist and they get paid for connecting clients to treatment centers, whether those centers are right for the clients or not.
- When a person offers to foot your bill to travel from one location to another. This is a huge red flag.
- When the treatment center offers you a sober home rent-free, as long as you enroll in a particular treatment program.
- When a treatment center offers to cover your insurance costs or waive deductibles and co-payments. This serves as a warning that something is very off.
- Treatment centers that collect minimal information about patients when enrolling.
Be Curious, Ask Questions
When you are deciding on a treatment center, call the center and clarify any uncertainties. At Scottsdale Recovery Center, we encourage clients to ask questions about our treatment programs. We also share information with anyone who inquires about our services. Likewise, we obtain as much information about a client as possible in order to provide them with the appropriate treatment.
Questions you should ask:
- Are the professionals working at the center certified? (these can include counselors, doctors, medical professionals, and coaches)
- Is there a medical director that is in charge of overseeing the center’s operations?
- Is the center equipped to handle other issues such as mental health and behavioral problems?
- Are the staff available 24/7?
- Does the center offer any kind of aftercare once a client completes their treatment program?
- Are treatment programs flexible and transparent?
- Is the treatment center in your insurance in-network list? If not, how much are you expected to pay?
Take Your Time
It can be challenging when you need to find a treatment center fast: desperation can result in quick action. But it is very important to remember that you may be putting a life at risk if you overlook warning signs and enroll yourself or a loved one in a faulty treatment center. Scottsdale Recovery Center offers legitimate programs and services, operated by some of the most qualified professionals in the nation. For more information, visit our website or call us today.
Talk to Someone Who’s Been There. Talk to Someone Who Can Help. Scottsdale Recovery Center holds the highest accreditation (Joint Commission) and is Arizona’s premier rehab facility since 2007. Call 888-663-7847.
Content for Scottsdale Recovery Center and Arizona Addiction Recovery Centers created by Cohn Media, LLC. Passionate and creative writing and broadcasting, covering the following industries: addiction rehab, health care, entertainment, technology and advocate of clear communication, positivity and humanity at its best. www.cohn.media